Living Earth offers community gatherings, public events, workshops, presentations, celebrations, and retreats based on a deep way of understanding “what is,” a view that integrates wisdom of the world’s enduring spiritual traditions into the reality of our contemporary lives. Our programs encourage openhearted social action toward a just, peaceful, and sustainable world, and nurture a wide perspective on the personal, social, and global issues of our time. [Watch our 2010 slide show >>]
Since 1998 we have convened community discussions, hosted visiting speakers, presented public forums, and facilitated workshops. We change the world only by changing our own understanding, then engaging on crucial issues and in vital relationships based on a fresh and deep awareness. Living Earth also offers residential mediation retreats, opportunities to explore the boundless landscape of our hearts. After all, that is the basic terrain from where we engage in the world.
- We honor the deep spiritual principles at the heart of all the world’s enduring religious and philosophical traditions: compassion, celebration, gratitude, reverence, responsibility, humility, and non-harming.
- We support the efforts of all who are defending people and places from abuse, injustice, oppression, and destruction.
- We encourage connection among all who are developing new ways of living, politically, socially, and personally.
- We affirm the rights of all beings to ecological security for their long-term health and well being, to democratic participation in their communities and states, to religious and intellectual freedom, and to cultural integrity.
- We offer opportunities for creating community, increasing knowledge and understanding, deepening awareness of interconnection, and supporting conscious social action that furthers these values.
Living Earth is supported by modest donations from folks who share our values. You can give online now using the button to the right>>, or print and mail this form 2011Donate with your check or Visa/MC info, to start a recurring pledge that works for you. We welcome your support.